Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has Published Notification of Combined Geo- Scientist & Geologist Examination in Order for the Recruitment in 106 Posts. Interested and eligible candidates can apply through the online application at the official website. The detail regarding the Post, Educational Qualification, Selection process, Important Dates, Age limit etc are as under.
Also Check:- Latest Recruitment & Results here
UPSC Combined Geo- Scientist & Geologist Examination 2019 | Apply Online.
Total post : 106
Post Name :
Category I : (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
- Geologist, Group A : 50
- Geophysicist, Group A : 14
- Chemist. Group A : 15
Category II : ( Posts in the Central Ground Water Board , Ministry of Water Resources)
- Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist B), Group A : 27
Educational Qualification :
(i) For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India
- (a) Master’s degree in Geological Science or Geology or Applied Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource Management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geo science sor Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology or Geo physical Technology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- (b) For Geo physicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) Or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India.
- (c) For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
(ii) (a) For Junior Hydrgeologists (Scientist B), Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board.
- (a) Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or
- (b) Master’s degree in Hydrogeology from a recognized University.
For more details see in the official link given below.
Age Limit :
- For Geologist and Geophysicist and Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India Age Between 21 to 32 Years.
- For Jr. Hydrogeologist (Scientist B) (Group A) in Central Ground water Board, Ministry of Water Resources Age Between 21 to 35 Years.
Also see in the Official Link.
Application fees :
For General Category & OBC:- Rs 200/-
For SC/ST/Female/PwBD :- Nill
Payment Mode : Online
How to Apply :
- 1. Visit the official website of the UPSC
- 2. Find the Notification of the above Advertisement no. & Read the notification carefully to check your eligibility to apply for the post.
- 3. Fill the necessary information asked in the application in the apply section.
- 4. Select the payment mode & pay the application fee upto the last date of the application.
Selection Process :
Candidates are required to Pass the three stages:-
2. Main Exams(Written Exam)
Important Dates :
- Starting date of online form :-20/03/2019
- Last date of online form:-16/04/2019 till 18:00 hrs
Official Notification: Click here
Official Website : Click here
Apply Online : Click here